Carbon microphone M-29B/U is a low impedance unit with a noise canceling feature and is suitable for use in places where high level background noises are encountered. This item is immersion resistant.
The unit consists of an M-51/UR microphone element mounted in a holder which contains a push- to-talk switch. The switch may also be used to operate external circuitry. It has a coiled retractable cord which is extendable to five feet.
- CONSISTS OF
- 1 Microphone, Carbon, M-29B/U
- 1 Microphone Cover, CW-292/U
- 1 Handle
- 1 Five-conductor retractable cord with a ten-pin connector
- 1 Microphone Unit M-51/UR
- Operating Current
- 50 milliamperes
- Nominal Impedance
- 60 ohms at 1, 000 cps
- Frequency Range
- 300 to 4, 000 cps
As used with the AN/TRC-68 Radio Set.
- This specification covers two types of hand-held, noise-canceling microphone with an impedance of 40 to 100 ohms, designated as ::Microphone M-29/U and Microphone M-52/U
- DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY TECHNICAL MANUAL 11-487M
- MILITARY STANDARDIZATION HANDBOOK
- AUDIO ,EQUIPMENT
- 24 June 1966