Fixed medium-range, long wave aircraft detector and GCI. Provides azimuth, range, and altitude data. Type HR Scope and PPI Scope. USES: To give continuous plan position and accurate relative height of enemy plane and friendly fighter plane for GCI. Set can also be used for early warning and to give increased coverage at low angles of search. IFF equipment RC-188 is used. When operating as GCI, VHF equipment SCR-624 is required.
- BC-1105 Range Calibrator
- BC-1111 Height Indicator 12HP7 + 9 tubes in CS-108
- BC-1112 Xmtr Monitor 1805/P1 CRT and 2X in CS-118
- BC-1120 Antenna Coupling Unit U/W A-88-B
- BC-1121 Receiver, 200-220 MC/31 MC IF, 9 tubes in CS-108
- BC-1122 Amplifier
- BC-1123 Amplifier
- BC-1124 Oscillator
- BC-1125 Oscillator
- BC-1126 RF Head Unit
- BC-1127 Transmitter
- BC-1128 Control Box
- BC-1129 Modulator, 10 tubes (5 807)
- BC-1134 Antenna Switch 8 tubes RA-86, U/W Ant. A-88-B
- BC-1138 Grid Control Unit
- BC-1139 Receiver Antenna Control (one 6V6) U/W CS-108
- TM 11-1129, Radio set SCR-588-B Installation, siting, operation, theory, 17 Nov. 1944
- TM 11-1229, ?
- TM 11-1329 Radio Set SCR-588 ( ) Technical Operations Manual 1943-12-30
- TM 11-1429 Preventive Maintenance Radio Equipments SCR-588 25 May 1944.
- TM 11-1529 Service Manual For Radio Sets SCR-588 23 Aug. 1944.