The LS-518A/SIC is identical to the LS- 519A/SIC in every respect except for the quantity of station selector switches. The LS-518A/SIC has one 10 pushbutton selector switch assembly and is capable of operating in conjunction with up to 10 other communication stations in any combination regardless of type. The LS-519A/SIC has two 10 pushbutton switch assemblies and is capable of operating in con-junction with up to 20 other intercommunication stations in any combination regardless of type.
The LS-518A/SIC or the LS-519A/SIC, hereafter referred to as the 'master station, provides two-way voice communications by way of input/output audio devices which may be either microphones, handsets, or loudspeakers. The loudspeaker contained in the master station, which may be used for talk/listen, is the Type LS-445/U. A receptacle is provided on the front panel which will accept either the type M-132/SIC microphone or the type H-351A/SIC headset. In addition to the station selector switches, MIC OR HEADSET connector, and the loudspeaker, the master station front panel contains a release (REL) lamp, CALL lamp, BUSY lamp, a HANDSFREE-NORMALPRESS TO TALK switch, a DIMMER control switch, and a VOLUME control switch for incoming loudspeaker audio.
- Power Requirements
- Single phase, 24.8 watts @ 0.9p.f. 115 ±6 volts ac @ 60 ± 3Hz., 0.24 amperes nominal.
- Heat Dissipation
- 75 BTU/HR @ full rated output.
- Ambient Operating Temperature
- 0°C to 650C.
- Relative Humidity
- 95% maximum.
- 3 watts @ 5% maximum THD (70 volts rms into 1667 ohms).
- Input Sensitivity
- 8.7mv into 150 ohm for mic or handset. 4mv into 16 ohm for speaker input.
- Amplifier Gain
- 78dB voltage gain @ 1,000z. (mic input).
- Amplifier Frequency Response
- 400 to 5,000Hz ±2dB.
- Rated Loudspeaker Output; (1,000 Hz)
- 99dB SPL (Ref. 0.0002 dynes/cm2) @ 2 ft. from front panel.
- Rated Loudspeaker Input, when used as a microphone (1,000 Hz)
- 86dB SPL (Ref. 0.0002 dynes/cm2) @ plane of front panel.
- OPERATOR'S, ORGANIZATIONAL, DIRECT SUPPORT, AND GENERAL SUPPORT MAINTENANCE MANUAL
- INTERCOMMUNICATION STATIONS
- LS-518A/SIC (NSN 5830-01-018-1202)
- LS-519A/SIC (NSN 5830-01-020-6280)
- TEST SET, INTERCOMMUNICATION
- TS-3990/SIC (NSN 6625-01-126-4886)
- 28 JUNE 1983